Why is it helpful to use a humidifier?
Hot air in a room which mostly results from heating systems or hot summer seasons can cause numerous problems. Such air may irritate your nasal passageways and, as a result, cause sinusitis or sinus infections. It can also cause heightened mucus production, therefore posing a threat to asthmatic people. Moreover, dry air may irritate sensitive skin worsening eczema and causing a discomfort to sensitive skin. One of the best ways to alleviate multiple health issues is by maintaining a proper level of humidity in your house with the help of the right humidifier.
- Facial pain in between the eyes and in the forehead;
- Runny or stuffy nose lasting for about 4 weeks;
- Sinus inflammation which lasts for 8 weeks or longer.
Symptoms of skin allergies:
- Skin redness;
- Dry, scaly, or even crusted skin which becomes thick and leathery;
- Small, fluid-filled blisters which may ooze after scratching.
And while you can rely on humidifiers for allergy relief, they are also beneficial in other ways.
Advantages of humidifiers
- Offer natural relief of cold and flu symptoms. Humidifying the air in your home is one simple way of easing congestion and coughing. This is an excellent alternative to the over the counter medicines.
- It is good for your home interior. Dry air causes problems to your house, such as peeling of wallpapers, static electricity, cracks in the floor or wooden furniture. A humidifier reduces such problems by maintaining the proper moisture level.
Disadvantages of humidifiers
Even though you will eliminate many problems by installing a humidifier in your home, you should remember that the failure in maintaining the humidity level within the range of 30%- 50% or cleaning the unit according to the manufacturer’s specifications can cause some problems.
Higher humidity level can create more allergen problems in your home, for example, the appearance of dust mites that thrive in the environments, as well as mold and mildew.
Furthermore, running a humidifier with contaminated water is dangerous. Such water may breed fungi and bacteria that can cause lung problems.
3 Best Humidifiers For Dry Skin And Sinus Problems
This humidifier produces 99.9% germ-free moisture. It kills 99.9% mold, bacteria, and spores in water with a germ-killing chamber technology. QuitCare technology makes the product run 25% quieter up to 24 hours per a single filling. It features a dishwasher water tank which is safe and break-resistant. Moreover, it has an antimicrobial treated filter: HAC-504AW and an automatic moisture balancing system.
- The product is a bit bulky;
- Works best only in medium-sized rooms.
Despite some little disadvantages, this humidifier will become a real aid for those who have sinus problems or dry skin.
This humidifier possesses an ultra-quiet performance and its air washing technology helps capture any dust and dirt. With its cleaning cartridge and antimicrobial treated filters, the unit provides fresh and clean mist, which is very important for people with sinus problems.
- This product has a great 3.4-gallon capacity;
- Runs up the same time as the Honeywell Germ Free HCM-350;
- It is 30% quieter than the other humidifiers;
- Prevents migration of fungus, bacteria, and algae;
- Its dual tanks have wider opening tops that make cleaning and filling easier;
- It also has multiple output settings and adjustable humidity controls.
- The design of the product is a very basic one;
- Some reviewers state that the product can vibrate sometimes and this results in an unpleasant sound;
To avoid this you should place it on a non-wooden or ceramic surface.
This digital humidifier utilizes higher frequency vibrations to produce a micro-fine mist which evaporates immediately. You only need to select the preheating function and the mist will exit the appliance at 1040 F. Besides, you can also choose a cool mist option.
- It helps to humidify a room with the area up to 600 square feet;
- The ITC technology or the Intelligent Temperature Compensation is quite advanced. It can regulate the most comfortable humidity according to the temperature of the room;
- The sleep mode of this model can help you to get a comfortable sleep with the right humidity level for you.
- This ultrasonic humidifier comes with surface touch control which can be very sensitive and thus needs proper care.