Humidifiers were designed to provide clan and healthy air via regulating the moisture level and preventing dry to excess either your bedroom or workplace. It is considered more helpful for babies, sinus patients, and for those who are allergic to dust and pollution. There are two types of humidifiers: one produces a warm mist, the other – cool. Among these two types, cool mist humidifiers are preferred for its health benefits, safety and energy-efficiency.
Two types of cool mist humidifiers are available in the market today, they are an ultrasonic humidifier and an evaporative one.
Ultrasonic humidifiers are the cheapest humidifiers and do no consume a lot of electricity. Such humidifier comes with a water storage and oscillating plates. The vibration of the plates converts the water into a mist which is blown out by the fan. If you buy an ultrasonic humidifier you can experience some breathing problems as it produces a white dust that is not considered good for sinus patients and babies.
Evaporative humidifiers are considered hygienic and safe. They do not create any breathing problem. They are noiseless and one can use them comfortably in the bedroom.
Main Advantages Of Cool Mist Humidifiers:
- Cool mist humidifiers are affordable;
- Most of them are hygienic and can even kill germs and bacteria;
- Some cool mist humidifiers work well for sinus patients and babies;
- The are energy-efficient;
Main Disadvantages Of Cool Mist Humidifiers
- Such type of humidifiers demands more maintenance, you need to clean the humidifier with water and soap manually at least twice in a week;
- You need to change the filter once in a year, so you spend extra money on buying optional products;
- Ultrasonic cool mist humidifier can produce some kind of white dust that can create problems for people with respiratory problems.
Below you can find the best cool mist humidifier reviews. These reviews will focus on benefits and utilities of five cool mist humidifiers, which will definitely help you make the right choice.
Honeywell Germ-Free humidifier kills bacteria up to 99.9 %. It runs quietly and you can use it in your bedroom. The humidifier can work for twenty-four hours after one filling. Moreover, it is dish wash approved and you can clean it easily with water and soap. The best thing about this humidifier is that it automatically adjusts the air moisture level.
- The product is a bit bulky;
- The design is not that attractive;
- Works best only in small to medium sized rooms.
Vicks Vul520w is considered a good humidifier for small sized rooms. It is easy and safe to be used. You do not need to buy and replace any filters for this humidifier in contrast to the other products of this category that demand filter replacement every year. The product can work up to 10 hours after one filling. It is noiseless and easy to be cleaned. This humidifier is also good for babies and sinus patients.
This humidifier kills with its portability. It is obviously not the best product for a big room, but it is just the perfect one to be used in a bedroom or a nursery.
Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier generates up to 2.3-gallon moisture output every day. It is noiseless and it can run up to 24 hours after one filling. The humidifier comes with variable control settings and 360-degree mist nozzle. This product is available in 8 different stylish colors. It is good for those who are suffering from cold, sinus, breathing problems, nosebleeds, and skin irritations.
- There is not enough wide area mist dispersion, so the thick stream of mist is not being absorbed fast enough by the air which is causing the area around the humidifier to get a bit wet.
- The water storage area has a handle that is not very ergonomic for carrying it from the sink to the unit.
- The usage of essential oils is not recommended.
Ultrasonic Drop Shape Humidifier is considered to be the best personal humidifier due to some of its amazing features. This product comes with a great quality stone filter which actually helps to keep the humidifier fully clean and avoid a smelly water. The water capacity is 2.8 liters, which allows the humidifier to run up to 8 hours. It is designed with seven color cozy LED lights and an auto shut off system.
- The capacity of this humidifier can support only one room at once.
- It has an aroma diffuser, however, some customers want it to diffuse oils more efficiently.
- Refilling the water is no that easy, mainly due to the screw top of the filter and the diffuser tray which is hard to take out.
InnoGear Portable Ultrasonic Cool Mist Aroma Humidifier is considered good for small rooms only. The lovely fragrance of this humidifier can make your environment peaceful and healthy preventing you from dry, stuffy air and flu/cold germs. It is noiseless, comes with 7 changing lights and automatic shut off system when the tank is empty. The humidifier has three working modes: intermittent mist (30 seconds on/30 seconds off), continuous mist and lights only. It is extremely cheap and can come within the budget of anyone.
However, many customers say that the humidifier lights are so bright that you can not put it on your bedside table, unless you really like a nightlight.
Which one is best for you?
When buying a humidifier for your home should focus on safety, maintenance, and the price. All of the humidifiers have some benefits and they meet your requirements to some extent. But if you want to buy a humidifier to meet any particular requirement then go to the details of the products and choose the one that meets your needs most. If you are buying a humidifier for a simple moisture purpose then you go for any product that was reviewed above.