Humidifiers were designed to make the air clean and healthy by regulating the moisture level and preventing the air from getting too dry. A humidifier is a necessity if there are babies, people suffering from sinus problems, and people allergic to dust and pollution in your house. There are two main types of humidifiers: one produces a warm mist, the other – cool. Among these two types, cool mist humidifiers are considered the best thanks to their safety, energy-efficiency, and benefits for the health.
Two types of cool mist humidifiers are available on the market today—ultrasonic and evaporative.
Ultrasonic humidifiers cost considerably less than the other type. They also offer low maintenance as they do no consume much energy. Such humidifiers come with oscillating plates and a water storage. The vibration of the plates converts the water into a mist which is blown out by the fan. However, this type has one major disadvantage. Ultrasonic humidifiers can cause some breathing problems for highly-allergic individuals as they produce white dust that is quite harmful, especially for babies and sinus patients.
Evaporative humidifiers are considered hygienic and safe for the health. They work on a technology that does not cause any breathing problems. They are noiseless, which makes tem a perfect choice for comfortable use in the bedroom.
Main Advantages Of Cool Mist Humidifiers:
- Cool mist humidifiers are affordable;
- Most of them are hygienic and can even kill germs and bacteria;
- Some cool mist humidifiers work well for sinus patients and babies;
- They are energy-efficient;
Main Disadvantages Of Cool Mist Humidifiers
- Such type of humidifiers demands more maintenance. You will need to clean the humidifier with water and soap manually at least twice a week;
- You will need to change the filter once a year, so you spend extra money on buying optional products such as filters and filter cartridges;
- Ultrasonic cool mist humidifiers can produce some kind of white dust that can cause health issues for people with respiratory problems.
Below you can find the best cool mist humidifier reviews. These reviews will focus on benefits and utilities of five cool mist humidifiers, which will definitely help you make the right choice.
Honeywell Germ-Free humidifier kills bacteria up to 99.9 %. It works quietly, so and you can use it in your bedroom—the noise is almost unnoticeable and it will not disturb your sleep. The humidifier can work for twenty-four hours after one filling. Moreover, it is dishwasher-compatible and you can clean it easily with water and soap. The best thing about this humidifier is that it adjusts the air moisture level automatically.
- The product is a bit bulky;
- The design is not that attractive;
- Works best only in small to medium-sized rooms.
Vicks Vul520w is considered a good humidifier for small-sized rooms. It is easy and safe to use. You do not need to buy and replace any filters for this humidifier in contrast to the other products of this category that demand filter replacement every year. The product can work up to 10 hours after one filling. It is noiseless and easy to be cleaned. This humidifier is also good for babies and sinus patients.
This humidifier kills with its portability. It is obviously not the best product for a big room, but it is just the perfect one to be used in a bedroom or a nursery.
Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier generates up to 2.3-gallon moisture output every day. It is noiseless and it can run up to 24 hours after one filling. The humidifier comes with variable control settings and 360-degree mist nozzle. This product is available in 8 different stylish colors. It is good for those who are suffering from cold, sinus congestion, breathing problems, nosebleeds, and skin irritations.
- The area of mist dispersion is not large enough, so the air around the huminifier gets a bit moist.
- The water storage area has a handle that is not very ergonomic for carrying it from the sink to the unit.
- It is not recommended to use essential oils with this model.
Ultrasonic Drop Shape Humidifier is considered to be one of the best personal humidifiers due to its amazing features. This product comes with a highest-quality stone filter that helps to keep the humidifier clean and prevent the water from getting smelly. The water capacity is 2.8 liters, which allows the humidifier to run up to 8 hours. It also comes with a pleasant extra feature. The design of the unit comprises cozy LED lights of seven different colors. It also comes with an auto shut off system.
- The capacity of this humidifier can support only one room at once.
- It has an aroma diffuser. However, some customers want it to diffuse oils more efficiently.
- Refilling the water is no that easy, mainly due to the screw top of the filter and the diffuser tray that is hard to take out.
InnoGear Portable Ultrasonic Cool Mist Aroma Humidifier is considered good for small rooms only. The lovely fragrance of this humidifier can make your environment peaceful and healthy protecting you from the harmful influence of dry, stuffy air and flu/cold germs. It is noiseless and comes with seven changing lights and an automatic shut off system that triggers when the tank is empty. The humidifier has three working modes: intermittent mist (30 seconds on/30 seconds off), continuous mist and lights only. It is extremely cheap and can come within the budget of anyone.
However, many customers say that the humidifier lights are too bright to put it on your bedside table, unless you really like a nightlight.
Which one is best for you?
When choosing a humidifier for your home you should pay special attention to safety, maintenance, and price. All of the humidifiers from our reviews come with some benefits. But if you want to buy a humidifier to meet any particular requirement then you should check out the details of the products and choose one that meets your needs. If you are buying a humidifier for a simple moisture purpose then you go for any product that was reviewed above.