What are portable humidifiers?
Small and portable humidifiers are freestanding units that plug into standard electrical outlets and come with water holding tanks. They can moisturize the air perfectly, from one or two small rooms to a medium-sized one at the same time. Besides, most of them are small desktop models that are able to keep you comfortable even at your workplace. Moreover, portable humidifiers can bring relief if you are ill or if are suffering from breathing issues due to allergies.
Advantages of portable humidifiers
- They are compact and lightweight, therefore you can move them anywhere or even use during traveling.
- They are easily stored when not in use.
- Such humidifiers are ideal for renters who cannot install whole house units. Unlike permanent humidifiers, a portable unit can be taken along when it is time to move.
- Lots of models have additional features like displays and timers for better control and convenience.
Disadvantages of portable humidifiers
- Portable humidifiers are not suitable for big rooms.
- You should expect some noise when using a humidifier
- You will need to fill the reservoir on daily basis depending on the area of covering and the size of the reservoir.
- There are some humidifiers that come with removable reservoirs while, at the same time, you will have to bring optional water for some models.
Reviews Of The Top 5 Small And Portable Humidifiers
This is an up-to-date portable humidifier which will become a helpful unit for any of your rooms. It can provide 24 hours of moisture on a medium setting and is suitable for rooms not exceeding 250 square feet. The humidifier is energy-efficient and uses an ultrasonic technology. It can provide you with a relief from cold, cough, dry itchy skin and nasal congestion. The product is available in eight different colors and is an ideal combination of functionality and design.
- Does not require any additional filters;
- Runs whisper quiet for 24 hours on the medium setting;
- Turns cold water into cool comforting mist.
- You will need to change water on daily basis;
- The water storage area has a handle that is not very ergonomic for carrying it from the sink to the unit;
- The usage of essential oils is not recommended.
Mini Office/Bedroom ultrasonic humidifier is another great small portable humidifier. It holds 1.4 liters of water and can run for 8-10 hours when working continuously. As the previous model in our list, it features an ultrasonic technology system that is why it is noiseless and energy-saving. Another good feature is an auto shut-off system that activates when the water tank is empty.
- You will not spend any money on filter replacement;
- It can run efficiently for 8-10 hours continuously and without producing any noise;
- It goes off automatically when it is short of water;
- The humidifier is really small – about eight inches long and high.
- It can not humidify large rooms effectively enough;
- Some reviewers complain about the power indicator which is more like a big red spotlight that lights up an entire room at night;
- The steam does not come out that high.You need to put it somewhere high to avoid puddles on the floor.
This portable humidifier offers you a relief from flu, cold, dry air, and cracked skin during cold weather. At the same time, you can use it as a mister during hot summer months or as a hand moisturizer. To do this you will only need to hold your hands over the mist. The humidifier is user-friendly, all you need to do is fill up a glass or a bottle with water and insert the device.
- Easy to use and maintain;
- You can use it as a mister or a hand moisturizer;
- The humidifier is very portable and fits into a coat pocket or in your luggage;
- The product features USB power port.
- The cheapest one in our list!
- The humidifier covers only up to 20 square feet of personal space;
- You need to replace an internal filter wick every 3 months.
This is a highly-portable humidifier. You can carry it to any place and enjoy comfortable and healthy air. In order to use it, you only need to attach a bottle with water to it, then plug the humidifier in and enjoy a comfortable mist. The unit uses high-frequency vibrations to generate micro-fine cool mist.
- The humidity level is adjustable;
- It has a lightweight construction;
- The unit has exchangeable plugs – you can use it in any country;
- Runs up to 24 hours;
- Unlike other portable humidifiers, this model comes without a water tank, meaning you will not have to clean one.
- No water tank, you need to buy optional bottles of water;
- Water bottles above the standard 16 FL OZ are not recommended due to the risk of overflowing of the unit.
- The unit has very bright blue night light.
InnoGear Portable Ultrasonic Cool Mist Aroma Humidifier is considered good for small rooms only. The lovely fragrance of this humidifier can make your environment peaceful and healthy preventing you from dry, stuffy air and flu/cold germs. It is noiseless, comes with seven changing lights and an automatic shut-off system that reacts when the tank is empty. The humidifier has three working modes: intermittent mist (30 seconds on/30 seconds off), continuous mist and lights only. It is extremely cheap and can match any budget.
However, many customers say that the lights are too bright to put the humidifier on your bedside table unless you really like a nightlight.