What are portable humidifiers?
Small and portable humidifiers are free standing units which plug into the standard electrical outlets and come with a water holding tanks. They can perfectly humidify from one or two small rooms to medium sized one at the same time. Besides, most of them are made in form of small desktop models that are able to keep you comfortable even at your workplace. Moreover, portable humidifiers will bring a relief when you are ill or experiencing breathing issues due to allergies.
Advantages of portable humidifiers
- They are compact and lightweight, therefore you can move them anywhere or even use during travelling.
- They are easily stored when not in use.
- Such humidifiers are ideal for renters who cannot install whole house units since the one will also go when its time to move.
- Lots of models have additional features like displays and timers for better control and convenience.
Disadvantages of portable humidifiers
- Portable humidifiers are not suitable for big rooms.
- You should expect some noise when using a humidifier
- You will need to fill the reservoir on daily basis depending on the area of covering and the size of the reservoir.
- There are some humidifiers that come with removable reservoirs while, at the same time, you will have to bring optional water for some models.
Reviews Of The Top 5 Small And Portable Humidifiers
This is an up-to-date portable humidifier which will become a helpful unit for any of your rooms. It can provide 24 hours of moisture on a medium setting and is suitable for rooms not exceeding 250 sq. feet. The humidifier is energy-efficient and uses an ultrasonic technology. It can provide you with a relief from cold, cough, dry itchy skin and nasal congestion. The product is available in 8 different colors and is an ideal combination of functions and a form.
- Does not require any additional filters;
- Runs whisper quiet for 24 hours on the medium setting;
- Turns cold water into cool comforting mist.
- You will need to change water on daily basis;
- The water storage area has a handle that is not very ergonomic for carrying it from the sink to the unit;
- The usage of essential oils is not recommended.
Mini Office/Bedroom ultrasonic humidifier is another great small portable humidifier. It holds 1.4 liters of water and can run for 8-10 hours when working continuously. As the previous model in our list, it features an ultrasonic technology system that is why it is noiseless and energy-saving. Another good feature is an auto shut-off system that activates when the water tank is empty.
- You will not spend any money on filter replacement;
- It can run efficiently for 8-10 hours continuously and is noiseless;
- It goes off automatically when it is short of water;
- The humidifier is really small – about 8 inches long and high.
- It can not humidify large rooms effectively;
- Some reviewers complain about the power indicator which is more like a big red spotlight that lights up an entire room at night;
- The steam does not come out that high.You need to put it somewhere high to avoid a wet floor.
This portable humidifier offers you a relief from flu, cold, dry air and cracked skin during cold weather. At the same time you can use it as a mister during the hot summer or as your hands moisturizer. To do this you will only need to hold your hands over the mist. The humidifier is user-friendly, all you need to do is to fill up a glass or a bottle with water and insert the device.
- Easy to use and maintain;
- You can use it as a mister or a hand moisturizer;
- The humidifier is very portable and fits into a coat pocket or in your luggage;
- The product features USB power port.
- The cheapest one in our list!
- The humidifier covers only up to 20 sq. ft. of personal space;
- You need to replace an internal filter wick every 3 months.
This is a highly portable humidifier. You can carry it to any place and enjoy comfortable and healthy air. In order to o use it you only need to add a water bottle, then plug the humidifier in and enjoy the comfortable mist. To generate micro fine cool mist the product uses higher frequency vibrations.
- The humidity level is adjustable;
- It has a light weight design;
- The unit has exchangeable plugs – you can use it at any country;
- Runs up to 24 hours;
- No need to clean a water tank like in other portable humidifiers.
- No water tank, you need to buy optional bottles of water;
- Water bottles above the standard 16 FL OZ are not recommended due to the risk of overflowing of the unit.
- The unit has very bright blue night light.
InnoGear Portable Ultrasonic Cool Mist Aroma Humidifier is considered good for small rooms only. The lovely fragrance of this humidifier can make your environment peaceful and healthy preventing you from dry, stuffy air and flu/cold germs. It is noiseless, comes with 7 changing lights and automatic shut off system when the tank is empty. The humidifier has three working modes: intermittent mist (30 seconds on/30 seconds off), continuous mist and lights only. It is extremely cheap and can come within the budget of anyone.
However, many customers say that the humidifier lights are so bright that you can not put it on your bedside table, unless you really like a nightlight.