Dry air, especially during peak summers and harsh winters, could be very uncomfortable and could lead to lots of health challenges such as chapped lips, dry skin, and also some breathing problems. Hence there is a big demand in buying the best whole house humidifier. There are many brands and models available on the the market and that is why choosing the right one could often be a tough and challenging task. Over the next few lines, we will have a look at five best whole house humidifiers reviews. It would be practically impossible to review all the major brands and models, therefore, we will concentrate only on top-rated ones. Read on to find out their main features, specifications, and disadvantages to choose the best whole house humidifier that will meet all your needs.
This is a feature-rich whole house humidifier and, therefore, this unit is very popular. Here are some features that are quite interesting about the product:
- This humidifier has a unique and sophisticated digital control system and is a perfect choice for large houses.
- It is designed to take care of humidification of around 4,200 square feet.
- It also comes with advanced temperature and relative humidity indicators.
Since the unit is digitally controlled, the humidity levels will never cross the maximum prescribed limit. It also has an evaporation rate of around 0.75 gallons per hour making it one of the best whole house humidifier solutions on the market. It is very quite in operation and requires very little maintenance. On the whole, it is a humidifier that offers the best value for the money. The unit is ergonomically designed and adds to the sophistication and luxury of the home or the place where it has been installed.
- The humidifier can produce really loud sounds.
- You will have to buy additional items such as a drainage tube, water supply hookup tubing, duct sealant/tape.
- The humidifier wastes water since the excess “wash” water goes down the drain. It consists of a fan that blows air through a special “screen” over which water is dribbled whenever the furnace is heating and the fan is running.
This humidifier is famous for its quality digital control facilities. It also has a unique outdoor sensor and a water pad. The unit can easily handle a big area of around 3000 square feet. It has an evaporation rate of 0.5 gallons per hour and a water feed rate of 3 gallons per hour which makes it one of the best whole house humidifiers on the market. The product was designed to provide you with lots of comfort within a short period of time.
- The humidifier utilizes gallons of water each day and hundreds each month (some people are reporting from 400 to 600 gallons).
- Be aware that the 500 digital humidifier control cannot be mounted on the wall of your house, next to the thermostat. It must be mounted on the ducting.
For those who are looking for a quality whole house evaporative humidifier, this could be one of the best choices available.
- The humidifier comes with a 3-speed motor with a special night time setting.
- It is suitable for humidifying an area of around 1700 square feet.
- It comes with a 2.4-gallon removable bottle to make refilling easier.
- The unit requires very little maintenance and is really long-lasting
- It helps to treat allergy symptoms by soothing dryness, itchiness, and irritation in the nose, nasal passages, sinuses, mouth, throat, and eyes.
- It is very loud when it works on the high setting.
- A filter needs to be replaced every 3 months.
- The humidifier is a bit bulky.
AIRCARE MA1201 is another popular and efficient evaporative humidifier manufactured by Essick Air. Its features are quite interesting and it would be worthwhile having a look at a few of them.
- This unit is suitable for humidifying an area of 3600 square feet.
- Uses dual easy fill water bottles with a refill hose.
- It has a 3-speed motor, a night time setting and an auto shut off feature.
- One of the biggest benefits of the humidifier is an advanced digital humidistat maintaining your desired humidity level with almost 100% accuracy.
- It is easy to clean and maintain thanks to the evaporative wick trapping mineral deposits.
- Casters make the unit easy portable.
- The humidifier seems to be really loud.
- You need to change a filter every 2-3 weeks.
- The tank and a refill bottle are quite small and need to be refilled about every 6 hours.
This model is a really stunning black beauty. It is one of the best pedestal style evaporative humidifiers, possessing lots of handy features and specifications.
It is a humidifier that can cover an area of around 2500 square feet. Other amazing features include a digital display to help you find out the actual humidity level, set the desired one, or indicate the fan speeds.
- The 9-speed fan is really unique and offers a wide variety of choices to the customer.
- An auto shut off technology switches the device off once the desired humidity level have been reached or the tank is empty.
- Front pour can be opened for easy filling.
- It is very long-lasting and requires very little maintenance ensuring a trouble-free service for a number of years.
- Secondly, the interior light never goes off so you always have light bleeding around the filler door.
- Can be a bit noisy at high speeds.
- The water “door” is a bit tiny.